Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Points to ponder

In coming up with a schedule that works, it is good to ponder things that are likely to make your choices practical:

Reflecting on Psalm 139: "O God, you search me and you know me..."
  • What does that mean in my life? How does he know me? How do I know myself? How do I want to get to know him? 
  • In what way do I pray? What surroundings - where? What time of day - when? In what manner do I best pray? Structured prayers (Rosary, Mass...)? Unstructured prayers (time before the Blessed Sacrament, walking outdoors...)?
  • How much time do I devote to prayer each day? How much would I like to give to prayer? Practically speaking, what will work with my schedule?
Reflection, prayer, perhaps a bit of writing can help to make things more clear.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment